Exclusive Webinar Featuring
Andy Clarke, former CFO of
Professor John Langley,
Penn State University
Sponsored By Winmore and JOC.com
Thurs, Feb 27th, 2020
2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT
Now, more than ever, logistics leaders need to innovate and redefine business processes that unlock profits where competitors do not.
Join two of the most forward-thinking leaders in a candid discussion of what it takes to revitalize commercial processes — particularly in the RFP and contracted revenue workflows — using a new generation of collaboration software solutions.
Andy Clarke oversaw finances at C.H. Robinson, the largest freight broker in the US during a period of rapid growth, returning nearly $2B in capital over the last four years.
Professor John Langley of Penn State’s Center for Supply Chain Research is an expert in operations management, having spent considerable time researching the cost of information hand-offs between commercial and operational teams.
Important topics to be discussed include:
- How commercial leaders should evaluate innovation, especially as Amazon enters the spot market
- The importance of a finely tuned “information chain,” integrating and sharing information across commercial operations from the RFP bid desk, sales, solution design and operations
- The cost of failing to share information across a logistics service provider’s commercial operations
- Actionable steps a commercial leader can take to assess the strength and weaknesses of its information-sharing capabilities
- Information-sharing and the battle between the existing industry leaders and digital disruptors. Will logistics leaders learn digital before the digital upstarts learn logistics?
- Perspectives on 2020 with a range of storm clouds impacting the global logistics industry, from tariffs to Brexit. What will the next decade bring and how should forward-looking executives prepare their commercial operations?